About Govt. Polytechnic
Chhachha (Bhogaon), Mainpuri
Government Polytechnic, Chhachh (Bhogaon) Mainpuri was established in 2013-14 by the Government of Uttar Pradesh and the classes of first batch were started from session 2014-15 in only one stream of Mechanical Engineering (Production). Later, two more streams of engineering, namely Civil Engineering and Electrical. All the courses are duly approved by Board of Technical education, Lucknow & AICTE, Delhi. Mr. S.R. Gautam was the first principal of this institute. At present, Er. N.Ram is providing able guidance and leadership to the institute as principal.
Mainpuri, a district headquarter of Agra division, is situated about 120 km. east of Agra in north-west Uttar Pradesh. Chhachha village is located in Bhogaon Tehsil of Mainpuri district in Uttar Pradesh, India. It is situated 5km away from sub-district headquarter Bhogaon and 15km away from district headquarter Mainpuri. As per 2009 stats, Chhachha village is also a gram panchayat. The total geographical area of village is 1605.74 hectares. Chhachha has a total population of 11,223 peoples. There are about 1,810 houses in Chhachha village. Bhogaon is nearest town to Chhachha. Mainpuri got its name from famous Rishi Mayan. Maharaja Tej Singh was the last ruler of Mainpuri province. Mainpuri is famous for old temple, sarus cranes and tobacco. It is a major trade center for agri-products.
The main aim and vision for establishment of this institute is to impart technical education for the youth of Mainpuri and other district so that they can get employment in government, public & private sectors and raise the living standards of themselves and society. Presently, Government Polytechnic, Mainpuri is the leading technical institute of the district and striving hard to fulfill the dreams of unemployed youth and empowering the society & the nation.